No announcement yet.

’91 3B Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like the early 6 speeds have a boss or bracket that bolts to the casing, but whether it fits a later box I don't know. I'm not worried about losing the ProConTen anyway.
    Attached Files
    SS

Comment

I didn,t know this S2 was getting so mean
      i like your work David keep on
      RS for ‘Rennsport’ - ‘Motorsport’ in German

Comment

A couple more for the album...

Internally baffled catch tanks, with a subframe bush for scale.

Cam cover to match the bodywork.

@Jamo: diameter confirmed as the same as MAF, so no complications there.

I'm searching for insurance quotes next week, so it will be time to take my trousers down and bend over .

Thanks for the comments guys .
        David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by S2_Dave View Post
          A couple more for the album...

Internally baffled catch tanks, with a subframe bush for scale.

Cam cover to match the bodywork.

@Jamo: diameter confirmed as the same as MAF, so no complications there.

I'm searching for insurance quotes next week, so it will be time to take my trousers down and bend over .

Thanks for the comments guys .
          better get corey to get you some copper grease then to ease the transition

have you had a drive yet?
          have you got it back or is it still @ corey's?
          1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
          2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
          3. H & R SPRINGS
          4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
          5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
          6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
          7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
          8. fmic fitted

Comment

Originally posted by topsparky View Post
            have you had a drive yet?
            have you got it back or is it still @ corey's?
            Not driven it yet and it's still at Corey's. He's going to put some miles on it for me when it's done so I can just get in and floor it. I'd best take it easy though, as even a standard S2 would feel like a rocket to me at the moment.
            David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Love the cam cover and can't wait to see it in the flesh!

Cheers,

Steve.
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                It's going to be a PITA to clean, as it's a textured finish. I'm sure you'll be able to recommend a decent product to make the job easier or I'll just have to resort to a toothbrush.
                David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Some degreaser cut 4:1 and a brush, it will be fine. Some suitable dressing should ensure it stays clean...

Cheers,

Steve.
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post

Cheers,

Steve.
                      I have done Steve and i can safely say this is going to
                      Chef

Comment

You've seen it James?? Did you ask Corey about the cooling ribs, as I haven't heard anything yet?

The carbon arrived and Corey's been busy with that for the airbox and I don't think there's much left after that other than inlet manifold and air-con. Mark will be having it pretty soon for mapping. It's so close to being finished I can taste it.
                        David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

[QUOTE=S2_Dave;286211]You've seen it James?? Did you ask Corey about the cooling ribs, as I haven't heard anything yet? [QUOTE]

yeah i dropped in yesterday for a cuppa

I sort of answered my own question with those ribs dave but cheers
                          Chef

Comment

A couple more shots...

David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

ceramic coated.. I'm in love
                              s2 new project

On going !!!

Comment

Sad News

To cut a long story short, it was a bad (and long) week for Corey, which ended with the flywheel reference pin snapping off . I thought that my flywheel was a machined 3B version and that's why the original wasn't returned to me when I went lightweight, but it seems that I was wrong and it is aluminium . I obviously didn't pay as much attention as I should have and whatever flywheel it is I want it out and replaced with a 3B version - it hurts to pay to go back to a part that was once already in there, but at least the clattering will be a thing of the past.

Every cloud 'n' all... the Spec clutch is coming out. I don't have the time now to see how James gets on with his, so I'm going for a full face organic Sachs clutch. I'm ordering the Red Line gearbox oil tomorrow to be delivered direct to Corey and that's going in straight away.

Sh*t happens and I'm staying positive. It looks great! The door handle surrounds look like they came from the factory that way. The only hint from the outside that it's been modified is the MAF pipe visible throught the grill (which Corey did offer to powder-coat) and the red calipers sparkling from behind the rims. The sunroof and driver's door handle don't sit perfectly flush yet and I didn't like the textured finish on the cam cover so that's changing, but they're minor things and all in all I am very pleased. It should still be ready for Steve to work his magic once we're both back from colder climes.

The hunt for insurance is going well after a slow start. The service from AF has been great, but they can only do the exact type of policy I want with a maximum of 5000 miles pa. That's not the end of the world, as I could just use it March to October each year and I reckon I'd be within that. However, Greenlight has come up trumps with exactly what I need. I still have to send in some photos and information for the Agreed Value part and there's a couple of other conditions I have to meet, but I'm now confident, one way or another, that I'll be able to get the insurance I want.
                                David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X